Admission Requirements for Applicants
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent or are about to graduate in the 2016 academic year from an international high school (English Program) OR an international high school certified by the Ministry of Education or a high school overseas.
- Applicants must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.75 from grades 10-11 based on a 4.0 scale. In case the applicant is still in grade 12, only the first semester of grade 12 will be counted. (If already a graduate, the cumulative GPA will be considered.) OR
- International and overseas students must be able to demonstrate competence in at least 5 subjects from the IGCSE or GCSE, or a minimum grade of C for GCE “0” levels. OR
- Demonstrate a GED score or High School Diploma of at least 410 in each subject and have a total of 5 subjects with a total of at least 2,250. The subjects must be certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Applicants who have a TOEFL score with a minimum of 450 (Paper-based Test: PBT) or 55 (Internet-based Test: IBT) or TOEIC with a minimum of 500; or a minimum IELTS score of 5 will be exempted from the English exam.
- Applicants with a minimum score of 1000 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Mathematics) will be exempted from the Professional and Academic Aptitude Test.
- Go to the website http://www.swu.ac.th/en/
- Fill out personal information completely.
- After submission, print out Application Information.
- Pay the 600 baht non-refundable fee (international transfer). The details are as follows:
Receiver: Srinakharinwirot University
114 Sukhumwit Soi 23 Rd. Klongtoey-Nue,
Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: 66-2643-5000 ext: 15716
Bank: SSiam Commercial Bank Pcl.,
Asok Branch. 32/20 Sukhumwit Soi 21 Rd.
Account No: 032-3071942
Swift Code: SICOTHBK
Bank Code: 014 Branch
- Scan and email the application form (with photograph attached) and all other documents listed in section 3 below to email@example.com no later than on 2 March 2017.
- Have an online interview using Skype or similar application on 22 April 2017.
Note: Overseas applicants who do not satisfy all general admission requirements will be obligated to come to Bangkok for testing on 25 March 2017. There are two tests, both taking place on the same day: an English written exam and the Professional and Academic Aptitude Test. Overseas applicants taking either of these tests will be given an academic interview the following day instead of online.
|19 January - 1 March 2017 ||Application period||http://admission.swu.ac.th|
|15 March 2017||Announcement of Qualified |
Applicants for Written Examination
|25 March 2017||Written Examination |
- 9.00 - 12.00 Professional and Academic Aptitude Test
- 13.00 - 16.00 English 1-2
(Please bring 2B pencil, eraser and pen)
|5 April 2017||Announcement of Qualified |
Applicants for Interview Examination
|22 April 2017||Interview Examination |
- 8.00 - 9.00 Registration for interview examination
- 9.00 Interview examination
|27 April 2017||Final Selection Announcement|
|2-5 May 2017||Registration and payment date||Will be notified on the final selection announcement day
If you cannot find the information you require on the website, please call +66-2-649-5000 ext.15716 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will endeavor to help you.
Applicants must submit the following documents in order to apply for the program (Late submission will not be considered.)
- A completed English application form for with a photograph attached.
- Application Information Form
- Academic records
– A certified true official copy of the applicant’s transcript with the cumulative GPA from grades 10-11 or 12 with your signature on every page
– The results of the IGCSE or GCSE or GCE “0” Levels (if any)
– The results of other English proficiency tests equivalent to TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS (if any)
– The results of SAT (if any)
4. A certified true copy of applicant’s identification card or passport (for overseas applicant)
5. A certified true copy of the applicant’s House Registration
6. A certified true copy of change of names/last names (if any)
7. A financial statement issued by a bank or financial institution
8. Two one-inch photos
9. A certified true copy of the application fee receipt
Note: While scanned originals are required during the application procedure, successful applicants must submit certified true copies when enrolling at the university.
Enrollment and Pre-College Preparatory Course
- Applicants will normally be notified of the outcome of their application by 1 March 2017. If you do not hear from us, please contact email@example.com for information.
- Enrollment at the university takes place on 2-5 May 2017. Successful applicants will be notified of the exact date and details of the enrollment process.
- Between June and July 2017, students must enroll in a preparatory course and attend 100 percent of class time. They must also pass this course as a requirement to be fully admitted into the program. The course fee is approximately 20,000 baht.