Admission Requirements for Applicants
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent or are about to graduate in the 2016 academic year from an international program in Thailand certified by the Ministry of Education OR from an international high school (English Program) OR an international high school certified by the Ministry of Education or a high school overseas.
- Applicants must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.75 from grades 10-11 based on a 4.0 scale. In case the applicant is still in grade 12, only the first semester of grade 12 will be counted. (If already a graduate, the cumulative GPA will be considered.) OR
- International and overseas students must be able to demonstrate competence in at least 5 subjects from the IGCSE or GCSE, or a minimum grade of C for GCE “0” levels. OR
- Demonstrate a GED score or High School Diploma of at least 410 in each subject and have a total of 5 subjects with a total of at least 2,250. The subjects must be certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Applicants who have a TOEFL score with a minimum of 450 (Paper-based Test: PBT) or 55 (Internet-based Test: IBT) or TOEIC with a minimum of 500; or a minimum IELTS score of 5 will be exempted from the English exam.
- Applicants with a minimum score of 1000 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Mathematics) will be exempted from the Professional and Academic Aptitude Test.
Applicants can apply from 19 January to 1 March 2017. For the application process, please go to the admission website at
Applicants must submit the following documents in order to apply for the program (Late submission will not be considered.)
- Application Information Form
- Academic records
– A certified true official copy of the applicant’s transcript with the cumulative GPA from grades 10-11 or 12 with your signature on every page
– A certified true copy of high school equivalency tests issued by the Thai Ministry of Education OR
– The results of the IGCSE or GCSE or GCE “0” Levels (if any)
– The results of other English proficiency tests equivalent to TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS (if any)
– The results of SAT (if any)
- A certified true copy of applicant’s identification card or passport (for overseas applicant)
- A certified true copy of the applicant’s House Registration
- A certified true copy of change of names/last names (if any)
- A financial statement issued by a bank or financial institution
- Two one-inch photos
- A certified true copy of the application fee receipt
Submit the required documents above only by registered postal mail by 2 March 2017 (postal dated stamp) to the following address:
Office of Admissions Srinakharinwirot University
114 Sukhumwit Soi 23 Rd. Klongtoey-Nue, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
If we do not receive your documents by the above date, your application will not be considered.
Bring the following documents to the exam room:
Identification card or Student card or a document with a clear photo issued by the government. We do not allow any applicants who fail to bring identification to sit for an exam.
Bring the following documents to the interview room:
- Identification card or Student card or a document with a clear photo issued by the government
- A copy of House Registration
- Proof of name change (in case the name does not match the name on the application)
- For Thai school graduates, bring transcript showing GPA from Grades 10 to Grade 12
- For international school graduates, bring
- A transcript or High School Diploma OR
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) OR
- Certification of Equivalence issued by Ministry of Education (for overseas graduates)
- Official results of TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS (for those who are exempted from the English Exam)
- Results of SAT (for those who are exempted from the Professional and Academic Aptitude Test)
- Written exams
1) Professional and Academic Aptitude Test The examination aims to test the applicants’ critical and analytical skills, not the memorability of specific subjects. Therefore, it is not necessary for the applicants to take any special/tutoring courses or purchase specific books for the examination.
Applicants with a minimum score of 1000 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Mathematics) will be considered for exemption from the Professional and Academic Aptitude Test.
2) English Proficiency Test Applicants who meet the English proficiency tests as described above, will be considered for exemption from the English exam.
- An interview (For overseas students, the interview will be conducted through a telephone call or Skype)
- A portfolio
|19 January - 1 March 2017 ||Application period||http://admission.swu.ac.th|
|15 March 2017||Announcement of Qualified |
Applicants for Written Examination
|25 March 2017||Written Examination |
- 9.00 - 12.00 Professional and Academic Aptitude Test
- 13.00 - 16.00 English 1-2
(Please bring 2B pencil, eraser and pen)
|5 April 2017||Announcement of Qualified |
Applicants for Interview Examination
|22 April 2017||Interview Examination |
- 8.00 - 9.00 Registration for interview examination
- 9.00 Interview examination
|27 April 2017||Final Selection Announcement|
|2-5 May 2017||Registration and payment date||Will be notified on the final selection announcement day
- Between June and July 2017, students must enroll in a preparatory course and attend 100 percent of class time. They must also pass this course as a requirement to be fully admitted into the program. The course fee is approximately 20,000 baht.
- If you have further questions, please contact: Language for Careers Program (International Program) Tel. 0-2649-5000 ext. 16265, 16287, 16250, 16262